When I received an invitation to her shower, I instantly thought of all of the packages of disposable diapers and wipes she would receive. She'd never explicitly told me she wanted to cloth diaper, but I felt if she could see cloth diapers and experience using them for herself, she'd be hooked. I dreaded being that pushy "crunchy" friend, so I asked my less-crunchy husband if he thought a cloth diaper would make a good gift. He said, "Nah. Just do it!" With that little nudge, I enthusiastically searched for the right introduction to cloth.
I thought back to my initial cloth diaper trial and realized this gift needed 5 important elements:
1. AIO - The simplest cloth diapering option and now comparable in price to many pockets. I loved my Bum Genius Freetime and decided to make this cute, affordable AIO in a girly Lovelace the centerpiece of my gift.
2. Aplix - I prefer snaps now, but aplix proved a great way to ease into cloth diapering.
3. Flushable Liners - An easy answer to the inevitable question, "But what about the poo?" (I added disposable inserts, but would go with flushable liners next time around!)
4. A simple introduction to cloth basics - For just $7.95, Kelly Wels has created an affordable and attractive introduction to the whys, whats, hows, and how much of cloth diapering with Changing Diapers: A Hip Mom's Guide to Cloth Diapering.
5. Irresistible Pattern or Color - Because you know that, while we choose cloth diapering for practical reasons, we become addicted to adorable fluffy bums!
I decided to be brave and my gift stood out at the party. Later, she called to ask questions, then she and her husband sat down and spent two hours budgeting the potential savings. They decided to invest in cloth and bought a stash of Freetimes! Be brave. Share the cloth love with your firiends!
Want to win a terrific prize package for your new baby or for an expecting friend? Kelly's Closet is offering two giveaways to win great prizes! Be sure to Enter the Blogger Blessing Giveaway (click read more) below and visit the Diaper Shops Facebook page for a virtual giveaway! You can also find more great cloth diaper tips and ideas from participating bloggers below.
This post is part of the Cloth Diaper 101 Blog Hop Hosted by Maria at My Cloth Diaper Stash.
a Rafflecopter giveaway